Equipped for life
Our purpose is to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
Abacus Kindergarten and Learning Centre aims to equip children to become successful life-long learners, develop the skills they need for a smooth start to formal schooling and provide them with the ability to navigate an ever-changing world.
Our programs are delivered in a supportive and nurturing environment that seeks to welcome every child, regardless of their background or the challenges they face.
Delivering on our purpose
The organisation has six strategic goals to help achieve our purpose:
- High Quality: Ensure all of our centres deliver high quality early learning and care in a safe environment.
- Inclusion: Enhance outcomes for children in vulnerable circumstances.
- Great People: Build a capable, aligned and engaged workforce.
- Evidence: Embed evidence-informed practice and strengthen the Australian evidence base.
- Influence: Increase public commitment to quality early learning and care.
Our guiding principles underpin everything that we do, providing focus for the way in which we deliver social impact at scale and locally in each community we operate.
- Children are central to everything we do
- Families are our primary partner
- Being a valued member of the community
Abacus Kindergarten and Learning Centre has a passionate network of dedicated, professional educators and teachers who deliver high quality early learning programs including kindergarten and preschool programs.
Access for all children
Abacus Kindergarten and Learning Centre believes all of our local children should have access to affordable, quality early learning and care.
Our ongoing investment in enhanced programs and service models aims to ensure that children facing disadvantage and developmental vulnerability have opportunities to maximise their learning, development and wellbeing so they start school on an equal footing with their more advantaged peers.